Sunday, March 13, 2016

Archetypes Series- My first house: Messiah

First House: Personality, Ego: the face you present to the outside world--Messiah

The Messiah archetype is all about feeling power from above and feeling a divine mission. In its positive aspect, it can manifest as a drive to accomplish God’s plan for you. In its negative aspect, it can manifest in a “Messianic complex” (becoming psychotic about whatever is perceived as the divine mission), or otherwise becoming obsessive about one’s spiritual purpose.

In what ways do you present yourself as a Messiah to the world? In what ways do you see yourself as being driven to accomplish God’s plan for you?
_______________________________________________________________________________

1. My first thought was that yes this is me. I feel that perhaps this archetype may be in a more of a shadow aspect right now. I feel as if my messiah complex may be off-putting to some people. Perhaps my passion and devotion to my "mission" is a bit psychotic. I think it is because I haven't really discovered what that divine mission is. I sense that I have a mission - but I tend to take that passion for the mission that I have and throw it into whatever I believe in at the time. Not necessarily in what my divine mission is. So I become overly obsessed with certain things that I shouldn't necessarily be obsessed with. I think that sometimes I can be a bit obsessive towards this spiritual purpose but not in a good way. I obsess in all the wrong directions. All the directions *I* think I should go in --- not the one God would have me go. I need to be more in tune with the spirit so that I can reign in this desire and turn it into a positive one.

Shadow Aspect:
"In media, the Messianic Archetype is a character whose role in the story (but not necessarily personality) echoes that of Christ. They are portrayed as a savior, whether the thing they are saving is a person, a lot of people or the whole of humanity. They endure a sizable sacrifice as the means of bringing that salvation about for others, a fate they do not deserve up to and including death or a Fate Worse Than Death. Other elements may be mixed and matched as required but the Messianic Archetype will include one or more of them, not limited to: being the Chosen One, gaining a group of devoted followers, being betrayed by one of these followers, persecution by non-believers."
 Wow. Upon reflection I realize that I do have this complex to a degree. It is a bit frightening to think that I have the tendency to portray myself as a savior for humanity. Sounds pretty prideful.

I realize I do have a lot of pride issues I need to work through. Many that I have written off over the years. It is sometimes hard to know if i'm doing something out of pride (thinking myself better than others, on a more righteous path) or if i'm doing it becuase it is what God wants me to do. The thing I need to be careful of is the way I go about fulfilling whatever mission it is God has for me. The key I think is stripping myself of pride. Doing things for the motive of glorifying God, not for the persuit of glorifying my own self or making myself feel more important than I really am. Sometimes I do things because I want to show people how spiritual I am or how knowledgeable or wise I am - thinking I am going to "save humanity" if I do something. Perhaps this may show up in my political nature. I tend to become obsessive over whatever I believe is the "right" candidate or the "wrong" one. I realize that it is off putting and really doesn't make a difference to prove something right or wrong.

The other half of me feels as though I do make a difference though. My insights and ideas do inspire people to change their ways. I suppose it is what and how I do it that makes the difference. Also what am I inspired by? Love? Charity? Desire to serve and uplift? Or is my motive to exalt myself and put myself above other people/make me feel like I am the only right one?

I think my example does bless others. I need to figure out how to live my life in such a way that I can be that good example. Not be someone who pushes people from the light but  draws them in to it. My divine mission really is to help humanity come to Christ but I need to do so in a way that is not shaming or does not intimidate or overwhelm people. Key= Make charity my main motive. Stay close to the spirit. Ask God what he would have me do.

I can't help but wonder -- is this really the face I want to present to the outside world? Is this the best way to go about saving humanity? By appearing unto others as the Messiah? I pondered that for a bit. I suppose no - in it's negative aspect it would be the worst face to present to the outside world. BUT wouldn't it be the BEST face to present to the outside world in it's positive aspect??

I want to be just like him.

Think about it. Who was Christ? Doesn't he ask us all to be like him? The real Messiah does not have one ounce of pride, does not exalt himself, does not seek approval, does not care about looks, does not desire anything but to love and serve other people. If I can have a face like that - one that shines with true and genuine love for others - that would be the best face of all to wear.

I suppose Christ is my alter ego. Why wouldn't he be? He is the one I want to emulate. I suppose my premortal self chose "messiah" because of my love for him. Because I believed in him and I wanted to be just like him. Isn't it awesome to know that I loved him that much?

Of coarse Satan knows this and tries to work my strengths against me.  He knows my potential - he wants to manipulate me into turning my potential into unused potential. He wants to prevent me from being that person who can help others come unto Christ and be healed.

PLUS, Christ was the master healer. I would love to do as he did and be a follower in his footsteps to heal the hearts of people. My heart is in it. I know that my unconscious (my 12th house) is the sabateour and I have yet to learn how to overcome him. I know it wants to sabotage all my good efforts in EVERY house! No wonder I feel incapable at times. I need to pray for help so that I can rise to my potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment